Google
 

Monday, December 17, 2007

No Pain in Eight Weeks

It has been about eight weeks now since I started on Depakote ER 500mg's. I have not had a migraine since a week after a started taking it. I truly love this medicine. I did have a follow up visit with my Neurologist last Thursday. The only problem is that is causes weight gain. Yes, I have gained weight! At least ten pounds. I did read that weight gain was a side effect but wow. Sadly though, my doctor said if I didn't lose the ten pounds, or more, he would have to take me off Depakote. So my plan now is to lose the weight because I couldn't imagine not taking this medicine. One other thing, he ordered blood work to see my liver function, another side effect but he said it was rare. Hope this information helps if your thinking about Depakote or any preventable drug for migraines. Seek help don't suffer, but understand the side effects.

No comments:

FeedBurner FeedCount

VISITORS